Southwest Colorado Gives
As a Regional Champion, the Community Foundation offers participating regional nonprofits collaborative opportunities to connect with peers and potential donors, ensuring a successful online giving initiative. If your nonprofit is not currently participating in SWCOGIVES, and your organization hopes to join, please mark your calendar to create a profile next spring at www.coloradogives.org. The enrollment period runs March 1 – August 31 each year.
What is ColoradoGives…and what is Colorado Gives Day?
ColoradoGives is a year-round online giving platform that makes it easy for donors to search for nonprofits and donate online. Hosted by the Community First Foundation in Arvada, CO, Colorado Gives features more than 3,000 Colorado nonprofit profiles.
Colorado Gives Day, scheduled for December 7, 2021, is an annual giving initiative that celebrates philanthropy statewide and inspires donors to “give where they live” through online donations. In 2020 $50 million was donated statewide in just one day, making Colorado Gives Day the state’s largest one-day giving event.
In our 5-county region, we have seen incredible generosity on Colorado Gives Day since the introduction of our Regional Platform, with more than 100 participating nonprofits and almost $500,000 donated in 2020.
What is the Community Foundation’s role as a Regional Champion?
As a Regional Champion, the Community Foundation leads the local effort to strengthen online giving in Southwest Colorado. The Community Foundation spearheaded a regional online platform (swcogives.org) specifically for Southwest Colorado, making it easier for donors to find nonprofits in our region and give locally.
Additionally, the Community Foundation coordinates marketing efforts to promote ColoradoGives and Colorado Gives Day, as well as provides support and professional development as local nonprofits build and plan their campaigns.
Why should my nonprofit participate in Colorado Gives?
Benefits of participating in ColoradoGives include:
- Access to an inexpensive online giving platform
- Inclusion in an additional Southwest Colorado platform, making it easier for donors to find your organization and donate online
- Collaboration with other Southwest Colorado nonprofits
- Local support and professional development opportunities
- Added visibility to your campaign through the Community Foundation’s marketing efforts
- Minimization of operational costs and staff time (Community First Foundation handles gift processing and receipts)
How do I get started with ColoradoGives?
1. Determine if your nonprofit is eligible by reviewing the ColoradoGives Eligibility Requirements
2. Enrollment for new nonprofits runs March through August each year. Complete and submit your ColoradoGives profile for review by August 31. (More info about the review process here)
3. Attend Cohort meetings with the Community Foundation serving SW CO as necessary to ensure your organization’s success.