Community Concerts in the Secret Garden
Community Concerts in the Secret Garden will benefit the nonprofit community and promote Durango’s talented music scene by featuring a different nonprofit and music talent on Wednesday events throughout the summer. This is a great opportunity to invite your volunteers and other friends of the organization to enjoy an outdoor concert in the heart of downtown Durango, educate new people about your organization, and make a little money.
The cover charge is a $10 donation to support nonprofits selected for the 2017 concert series. We anticipate more than 100 people at each concert, however, since we cannot control the weather, the $10 donation fee will be pooled and split evenly amongst the nonprofits at the end of the summer. If the series raises more than $12,000, The Rochester Hotel and the Community Foundation reserve the right to use those funds to reimburse hard costs associated with the project (advertising, printing, posting, etc.).
The Rochester will:
- Provide an already established concert series and teak it to promote the nonprofit community.
- Staff a cash bar for patrons, as well as set up and clean up.
- Pay for graphic design and printing of a postcard that will be sent to the Chamber list as well as 100 postcards to each nonprofit. A PDF version will be provided for online promotion.
- Serve as final approval of music booked.
The Community Foundation will:
- Create an online grant application and assist selection committee.
- Provide a bank for each event.
- Handle back office accounting, including paying for bands, graphic design, and printing.
- Assist with booking music.
- Submit PSAs and limited paid advertising in the Durango Herald and Durango Telegraph.
- Coordinate nonprofits.
- Coordinate food vendors.
The Nonprofits will:
- Provide publicity for the concert series and for your specific event via print, PSAs, social media, and word of mouth.
- Have 2-4 staff or board members to collect a cover charge at the front and back gates.
- Have 1-2 people to be at an information table to talk about your organization with a tip jar (tips from the evening are donations for the featured nonprofit).
- Attend a mandatory organization meeting for project coordination on Wednesday, May 31st at the Rochester.
- Application Will Open: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Application Will Close: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Final Organizations Will Be Announced: Monday, April 17, 2017
- Mandatory Participant Meeting: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
- Mandatory Wrap-Up Meeting: Wednesday, September 13, 2017