Community Foundation serving Southwest Colorado
The Community Foundation serving Southwest Colorado facilitates the growth and effectiveness of philanthropic contributions and expands the culture of giving to meet the needs of our communities.
The Community Foundation serving Southwest Colorado inspires hope, leadership, and generosity in the community by bringing economic stability, professional development, and collaboration to the nonprofit sector.
As a community facilitator, the Community Foundation works to increase efficiency, sustainability, and success for nonprofits and maximize effective grant making for philanthropists to make Southwest Colorado a better place to live. In 2016, the Community Foundation infused $1.44 million into the community.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the Foundation’s marketing strategies and public relations activities, both external and internal. This position participates with the Executive Director and other staff in charting the direction of the Foundation’s marketing/communications/public relations function and ensuring its effective operation. This position also works closely and collaborates with nonprofit professionals throughout the state of Colorado to plan the implementation and facilitation of professional development activities and events, budget spending and material production and distribution.
The Grants Manager serves as the Foundation’s liaison between grantees and grantors. This position creates and monitors reporting schedules, deadlines and requirements to ensure consistent grant processing. The Grants Manager works and communicates externally with applicants and grantees and internally with the Executive Director, finance staff and funders.
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program
- Coordinate media relations for the Foundation and ensure regular contact with target media
- Assist with creating, designing, producing and distributing all Foundation publications
- Assist in developing marketing budget and monitors progress and assures adherence
- Ensure articulation of Foundation’s mission and values
- Update website regularly
- Evaluate needs of sector and plan professional development accordingly
- Develop and manage budget and marketing plan for planned professional development
- Design feedback and satisfaction surveys for all workshops and training
- Assure compliance with IRS and grant-specific regulations for assigned grants
- Create grant files that meet legal, auditing and Foundation requirements
- Provides reports, responses to inquiries and grants histories as requested
- Schedules reporting requirements for grants
- Participate in training and professional development
- Understand structure and history of grants
- Undertake special projects as assigned
Required Competencies and Skills
- Experience writing press releases and communicating with the media
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through; ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Basic understanding of IRS and grant-specific regulations
- Sound judgment with regards to budget and program issues
- Ability to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with WordPress
This position is 25-30 hours/week with three weeks paid time off (includes sick and vacation). The office recognizes 12 paid holidays/year. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23, 2017.