Grant and Social Media High School Internship Opportunity
Letter of Consideration due March 24
Grant and Social Media High School Intern Opportunity
The Community Foundation serving SW Colorado and Business Education Connection (BEC) are offering an intensive summer internship program with amazing support and learning opportunities for local high school students that will benefit 13 lucky La Plata County nonprofits. Nonprofits will receive a complete social media campaign for your organization (think: event, Colorado Gives, end-of-year appeal).
This is not your run-of-the-mill internship! It will include local marketing professionals as mentors for the students. Janae Hunderman, the work-based learning coordinator for BEC, will coordinate the students.
Nonprofits selected to participate would host a high school intern for 4 weeks at 36 hours a week from June 7 to July 2. In addition to helping at the office, they will be assigned social media tasks. Here is what the work week will look like:
- Students will be onsite working directly with nonprofit staff, in person, on Tuesdays and Thursdays full days, Wednesdays and Fridays half days.
- Students will be offsite working with local experts to create social media products for your nonprofit on Mondays full day, Wednesdays and Fridays half days.
- These days/times are subject to change by the Community Foundation and/or BEC, and they are not negotiable by the nonprofit.
The interns will be paid through the Community Foundation. Nonprofits will be expected to provide an engaging professional work environment where the interns will learn office skills. In addition to the intern and the marketing assets, the nonprofit will receive an operational grant (minimum of $2,000) upon successful completion of this program. This money could be used, for example, to execute marketing efforts related to the intern’s campaign.
To be included in the considered set, please write a 1-page Letter of Consideration stating:
- Why you are interested?
- What project you would like the intern to focus on: e.g. event, Colorado Gives, end-of-year appeal, other?
- Who would be their supervisor?
- Why this timeframe works for you and your staff?
Letters need to be received by March 24; email your submission to Briggen@SWCommunityFoundation.org. If you have questions, feel free to reach out. Please know that submitting a Letter of Consideration does not guarantee selection. You will be contacted in April regarding next steps.
This will be a great way to increase capacity and give an opportunity to local high school student to get real-world working experience.
Rising junior and senior high school students will be able to apply for these paid internships beginning March 29. Interested students can contact Janae Hunderman, work-based learning coordinator for BEC, at email@example.com.