- Increase efficiency, sustainability and success for nonprofits in Southwest Colorado
- Build relationships and facilitate networking between nonprofit professionals
- Create opportunities for peer discussion around best practices
- Enhance relationships across county and geographic boundaries
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
February 2 | February 14 | March 8
9:00am – 4:00pm
Does your nonprofit have a fund development plan? When did you last revise your plan? Is your funding diverse and sustainable? Let the Community Resource Center help you improve and further utilize your fund development plan through our three-part Development Officer Series. Each full-day session address specific elements of fund development, including fundraising trends, diversified funding tactics, individual giving strategies, donor retention, capital campaigns and planned giving. With the latest resources in fund development, participants will have the opportunity to engage in open dialogue with peers and facilitators. More information and registration here.
The Community Foundation serving Southwest Colorado supports the nonprofit community through various partnerships and initiatives as well as providing an opportunity for organizations who want to provide charitable services to their community.
Southwest Colorado Index
The Southwest Colorado Index is intended to assist nonprofits and funding entities across the region by accurately gauging the overall economic, social and environmental health of the communities in Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma and San Juan Counties (Region 9).
The separate reports of the Index, which are provided courtesy of community sponsors, can be found below.
Previously called the Pathways to Healthier Communities Indicator Report, the Index was first published by Operation Healthy Communities Inc. (OHC) in 1996. After OHC produced five editions of the Indicator Report in 2006, the Region 9 Economic Development District of Southwest Colorado took over publication.
- Board Source inspires and supports excellence in nonprofit governance, as well as board and staff leadership.
- Blue Avocado is the bimonthly newsletter of Amiercan Nonprofits, a membership organization that provides practical financial information and support to U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, staff, stakeholders, and volunteers.
- The Colorado Nonprofit Association is the voice of Colorado’s nonprofit community, offering its members a variety of services and technical assistance on starting and managing nonprofit organizations.
- The Colorado Grants Guide is a comprehensive directory of funding sources published by Community Resource Center. For information, call (303) 623-1540 or visit CRC’s website.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Colorado Chapter enables people and organizations to practice effective fundraising through ethical standards, education resources, and networking.