High School Intern & Grant
The Community Foundation serving SW Colorado and Business Education Connection (BEC) are offering an intensive summer internship program with amazing support and learning opportunities for local high school students benefitting 13 lucky La Plata County nonprofits. Nonprofits will receive a complete social media campaign for your organization.
This is not your run-of-the-mill internship! It will include local marketing professionals as mentors for the students. Janae Hunderman, the work-based learning coordinator for BEC, will coordinate the students.
Nonprofits selected to participate are hosting a high school intern for 4 weeks at 36 hours a week from June 7 to July 2. In addition to helping at the office, they will be assigned social media tasks. Here is what the work week will look like:
- Students will be onsite working directly with nonprofit staff, in person, on Tuesdays and Thursdays full days, Wednesdays and Fridays are half days.
- Students will be offsite working with local experts to create social media products for your nonprofit on Mondays full day, and Wednesdays and Fridays half days.
The interns will be paid through the Community Foundation. Nonprofits will be expected to provide an engaging professional work environment where the interns will learn office skills. In addition to the intern and the marketing assets, the nonprofit will receive an operational grant (minimum of $2,000) upon successful completion of this program. This money could be used, for example, to execute marketing efforts related to the intern’s campaign.
Selected nonprofit grantees are:
- 4 the Children
- Be Frank Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of SW CO
- Boys & Girls Club of LPC
- Durango Adult Education Center
- Durango Arts Center
- Durango Creative District
- Durango School District 9R Athletic Department
- Durango Trails
- iAM Music
- La Plata County Family Centers Coalition
- Powerhouse Science Center
- San Juan Mountains Association