19th Hole Concerts at the Pagosa Springs Golf Club
Now in it’s fifth year, this fun, philanthropic summer tradition is sure to be exciting and entertaining once again! Thursdays, June 11 – July 16, 5:30 – 7:30 PM.
This is a great opportunity to invite your volunteers and other friends of the organization to enjoy an outdoor concert at the beautiful Pagosa Springs Golf Club, educate new people about your organization, and make a little money. The cover charge is a $10 donation to support nonprofits selected for the concert series. At the end of the series, proceeds from the cover charges from each concert will be pooled and distributed equally to the six featured organizations. In 2019, each nonprofit received a $1,300 grant.
In order to apply, organizations must be a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) or be a project or organization under the fiscal agency of a 501(c)(3) organization. Organizations must serve Archuleta County. Organizations are eligible to apply every year; however, grant recipients must wait one year before applying again (e.g. 2018 recipients will be eligible to apply again in 2020). Applications for next summer’s concerts are now available. Scroll down for the application and timeline details. The deadline to apply is February 14.
The Community Foundation Will:
- Create an online grant application and assist selection committee.
- Provide a bank for each event.
- Handle back-office accounting, including paying for bands, graphic design, and printing.
- Book music talent.
- Submit PSAs and limited paid advertising.
- Coordinate nonprofits.
The Nonprofits Will:
- Provide collaborative promotion and publicity for the entire concert series and for your specific event via all means possible, including social media, email outreach, and word of mouth.
- Have 2-4 staff or board members to collect a cover charge at the front gate.
- Have 1-2 people at an information table to talk about your organization with a tip jar (tips from the evening are donations for the featured nonprofit).
- Attend organization meetings for project coordination in April and August at the Pagosa Springs Golf Club.
- Execute one assigned marketing task for the events, per the April meeting.
- Application will open: Monday, Jan. 20
- Application will close: Friday, Feb. 14
- Final organizations will be announced: Thursday, March 12
- All-participant planning meeting: Wednesday, April 8
- All-participant wrap-up meeting: Wednesday, August 12