The Community Foundation is a proud Regional Champion for ColoradoGives!
What is ColoradoGives…and what is Colorado Gives Day?
ColoradoGives is a year-round online giving platform that makes it easy for donors to search for nonprofits and donate online. Hosted by the Community First Foundation in Arvada, CO, Colorado Gives features more than 2,500 Colorado nonprofit profiles.
Colorado Gives Day, scheduled for December 10, 2019, is an annual giving initiative that celebrates philanthropy statewide and inspires donors to “give where they live” through online donations. In 2018 $35.1 million was donated statewide in just one day, making Colorado Gives Day the state’s largest one-day giving event.
In our 5-county region, we saw some incredible increases on Colorado Gives Day from 2016 to 2018 with the introduction of our Regional Platform:
· 139% increase in participating nonprofits (from 28 in 2016 to 67 in 2018)
· 84% increase in # of donors to SW CO nonprofits (from 473 in 2016 to 872 in 2018)
· 117% increase in # of donations to SW CO nonprofits (from 734 in 2016 to 1,592 in 2018)
· 88% increase in amount donated in our region (from $143,595 in 2016 to $270,611 in 2018)
What is the Community Foundation’s role as a Regional Champion?
As a Regional Champion, the Community Foundation leads the local effort to strengthen online giving in Southwest Colorado. The Community Foundation spearheaded a regional online platform (swcogives.org) specifically for Southwest Colorado, making it easier for donors to find nonprofits in our region and give locally.
Additionally, the Community Foundation coordinates marketing efforts to promote ColoradoGives and Colorado Gives Day, as well as provides support and professional development as local nonprofits build and plan their campaigns.
Why should my nonprofit participate in Colorado Gives?
Benefits of participating in ColoradoGives include:
- Access to an inexpensive online giving platform
- Inclusion in an additional Southwest Colorado platform, making it easier for donors to find your organization and donate online
- Collaboration with other Southwest Colorado nonprofits
- Local support and professional development opportunities
- Added visibility to your campaign through the Community Foundation’s marketing efforts
- Minimization of operational costs and staff time (Community First Foundation handles gift processing and receipts)
How do I get started with ColoradoGives?
1. Determine if your nonprofit is eligible by reviewing the ColoradoGives Eligibility Requirements
2. Enrollment for new nonprofits runs March through August. Complete and submit your ColoradoGives profile for review by August 31. (More info about the review process here)
3. If approved to participate, invest $100 with the Community Foundation for a ColoradoGives Regional Platform participation fee. The fee guarantees your nonprofit’s inclusion on swcogives.org. All fees will be pooled to coordinate a regional marketing campaign, for the benefit of all nonprofits on swcogives.org.
4. Attend as many monthly Lunch & Learn meetings as necessary to ensure your organization’s success.
Upcoming Cohort Meetings for swcogives Participants:
Meeting dates will be announced this summer.