The Payroll Department strategically designates its nonprofit giving in La Plata County with its 12.4.2 grants: two grants of $12,000 for two La Plata County organizations that support efforts in one of these areas:
- Human Services
The Payroll Department is especially interested in supporting programs or collaborations that further the nonprofit’s mission and may need a boost while the organization secures sustainable funding.
The Community Foundation serving Southwest Colorado manages this grant opportunity. The application is available under the Grant Seeker’s tab above. The application deadline is February 22.
- Your organization must be a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization; or be a project or organization under the fiscal agency of a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Your organization must support efforts in youth, environment, or human services.
- This grant requires a $12,000 match. For organizations to apply, they must be ready with a matching plan. The Payroll Department defines matching funds as new donors, grants, corporate sponsors, etc. These new funds must be generated directly due to the match. Current donors are not considered “new funds” unless the donations grow as a direct result of this grant. These funds are to be solicited after the grant award on March 18, and prior the match deadline of October 1, 2019.
- The ultimate goal of the match is to provide a reason for the 12.4.2 grant recipients to reach out to new donors that they can hopefully convert to long-term donors.
- You do not have to be a client of the Payroll Department to be considered for the grant.