Meet your Match with the Payroll Department
The Payroll Department strategically designates part of its nonprofit giving in La Plata County with its matching grants: this year the Payroll Department is offering three grants of $7,000 for three La Plata County organizations that support efforts in one of these areas:
- Human Services
The Payroll Department is especially interested in supporting programs or collaborations that further the nonprofit’s mission and may need a boost while the organization secures sustainable funding. This could be a new program or an expansion of services.
- Your organization must be a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization or be a project or organization under the fiscal agency of a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Your organization must support La Plata County efforts in youth, environment, or human services.
- This grant requires a $7,000 match. For organizations to apply, they must be ready with a feasible, creative matching plan. The Payroll Department defines qualifying matching funds as new donors, grants, corporate sponsors, etc. directly related to the match. These funds are not solicited prior to the grant award. The ultimate goal of the match is to provide a reason for the grant recipients to reach out to new donors that they can hopefully convert to long-term donors.
- Matching funds are to be solicited after the grant award in early March and prior to the match deadline of October 15, 2020.
- You do not have to be a client of the Payroll Department to be considered for the grant.
- The application will open on Wednesday, Jan. 22
- The application will close on Wednesday, Feb. 12
- Selected Grantees will be announced the week of March 9
- Match coaching with the Community Foundation: mid-March through early October, timing TBD
- Match required by October 15, 2020
Once you have received funds for this grant, you are not eligible to apply for three years. (e.g. 2016 grant recipients would be eligible to apply again in 2020.)
Contact the Community Foundation serving Southwest Colorado to learn more information today!
The application period has closed.