Southwest Colorado Disaster Assistance (SWCODA) is now accepting applications to provide relief funds for 416 Fire evacuees. The application deadline evacuees is July 20, 2018. In addition the “Job Interruption” application deadline has been extended to July 13, 2018 for those who lost work during the 416 Fire.
Who are we going to help?
The Community Emergency Relief Fund (CERF) is set up for broad-based community emergencies in Southwest Colorado through the Community Foundation. 416 Fire evacuees and hourly employees in La Plata and San Juan Counties are potentially eligible for relief funds and should apply through the Southwest Colorado Disaster Assistance online application.
- 416 Fire evacuees are eligible for $40/ per day of evacuation. Proof of evacuation is required, and pre-evacuation is not eligible.
- Hourly employees that experienced job interruption due to the 416 Fire are potentially eligible for assistance. Pending approval, applicants will receive $250 – $500 in bridge funding.
How do you request Funds?
- Fill out the on-line application. You can find the application at https://swcoda.org/.
- You will be notified via email whether or not you are approved for funding.
- If you are approved, you will be given instructions on how to pick up your bridge funding. Bridge funding is provided in the form of gift cards for food, gas, utilities and other immediate expenses.
- You will need your ID to pick up your bridge funding and verify your identity – no exceptions.
- Job interruption application deadline – July 13, 2018
- Funds will be distributed in Durango on July 11 & 18, 2018
- Evacuees application deadline – July 20, 2018
- Funds will be distributed in Durango after July 23, 2018